Thursday, July 16, 2009

Window's Window's Window's

I spend my whole life thinking about windows these days.... Low E Glass, Double Pane, Double Hung (sounds like a porn star name), colors, vinyl or wood. We have been purchasing windows as we finish rooms. The problem now is that because we are working on the house 7 days a week and most days 12 hours a day we are making progress too fast. So it seems like I am pricing windows all the time.

WindowWizards still has the best prices, but they are slow and now they are telling me that they are discountinuing the brown color we like.

Home Depot is still HIGH as the sky, they came in at (Jim Plunkett below, a bit pushy but an ok bloke) 700 per window again, but for our big windows, they wanted 1875 per window... We really wanted the insurance on the big front ones, but the kicker is we could not get them in brown! 3,750 bucks and I can't choose the COLOR! We asked him to leave right after that........

So now I am getting quotes on ALL of my windows from many places so that I can have a gameplan. I can't keep dreaming about windows.

Here is what we need (click on the list to see it larger).... Can you believe this list! (Sometimes this house is just too big)

No comments:

Post a Comment