Monday, July 7, 2008

Toad Hall







At the beginning of the property line is a sign that says "Toad Hall" the sign and the fence must be over 100 years old. We have heard all kinds of stories about weather the property is really named that or not.

So we are hearing from some of the neighbors that the home was built around 1875 by a Ship Captain. The home stayed in his family for over 100 years until a year ago, then it was sold to us. His family were the only people to ever live in the home, and Connie and I hope that we can keep it in our family for that long or longer.

We also figured out why it may have been named Toad Hall. As I was taking out the trash I noticed this little guy. I took this with my iphone, it is so handy! Look at how well he blends against the wood behind him!



No comments:

Post a Comment